Have you ever thought of getting into the poultry business?
Many entrepreneurs have partnered with San Miguel Purefoods and became successful in the poultry business. This company is well known for its products including hotdogs, dressed chicken, and other meat products. That’s why if you plan to apply for partnership with this company, you can expect for constant and solid assistance.
The company will provide you the following:
- Building plans, specifications and design
- Day-old chicks
- Nutrition program and broiler feeds
- Technical assistance (laboratory services, ready market, information recording materials, competitive payment agreement)
- Vaccines and medicines
As a supplier of poultry products and chicken, you need to provide the following:
- 1-2 hectares agricultural land
- Feeds warehouse
- Poultry facilities and houses
- Water system and electricity
- Poultry equipment
- Proper farm management
- Maintenance of farm equipment, facilities, and roads
However, to prove that you are qualified for the partnership, you must ensure to meet the required guidelines pertaining to your farm.
Aside from the required area of the farm site, the location of the farm must be within the agricultural zone. It should be at least 1 km away from the residential area and hog or poultry farm and other related operation. The farm site should be within the 100 km radius in a nearby SMFI operated Poultry Processing Plant.
There should be stable source of electricity and sufficient source of drinking water. The road within and leading to the farm must be passable and accessible to light vehicles (6 and 10 wheeler trucks). The poultry house must be able to accommodate at least 36,000 bird space.
In addition, the poultry house should be 450 feet long and 52 feet wide following the east west orientation. It should be properly ventilated.
- The applicant must accomplish the contract growing application form
- The farm site must undergo inspection and wait for the SMFI approval for the proposed farm site
- Submit letter of intent and request for the letter of commitment
- Secure and submit the necessary permits
- Attend seminar for basic husbandry
- After acquiring the permits, the construction of the poultry house may commence
- Once everything is prepared, the contract signing will follow and chick placement
For more information on how to apply for broiler chick supplier, you can inquire from:
San Miguel Pure Foods Company, Inc.
23F The JMT Corporate Condominium
ASB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City