Taking Merienda or snacks is a normal routine of many Filipinos. Preparing a sandwich is very common for snacks. Peanut butter may be the most favorite spread in making a sandwich especially for loaf bread or pandesal.
You can buy peanut butter from your favorite supermarket, but the good thing is that you can make your own special peanut butter. Making this sandwich spread is cost-effective because the ingredients are cheap and you can make it at your kitchen.
Ingredients in making a special peanut butter
- 1 kg. peanuts (unshelled)
- 1 whole bar of Anchor Unsalted butter or Dairycream
- 1 ½ cup honey or brown sugar
Steps in preparing homemade peanut butter
- Roast the peanuts on a baking pan for about 8 minutes over medium heat. Stir the peanuts to avoid burning. Once the peanuts were roasted, set off the fire and remove the peanuts from the pan. Allow it to cool.
- Once the peanuts are cool, pour them into the blender or food processor. Grind the peanuts until totally fine crushed. If you don’t have food processor, you can look for a store in the market that offer grinding services.
- After the peanuts were finely crushed, remove it from the food processor and pout into a mixing bowl. Melt the butter and add it onto the crushed peanuts. Mix all the ingredients continuously.
- Add the honey or sugar and salt to enhance the taste. If you have used salted butter, don’t add some salt.
Making your own homemade peanut butter is a good food business idea. With just a minimal amount you spend for the ingredients, you can earn additional income.
Aside from peanut, you can also use almond. You can also make your own recipe of Nutella by adding chocolate to your peanut butter.